Michael S. Crooks
Michael is a rare blend of attorney and entrepreneur, providing him the ability to advise his clients from a broader perspective and offer valuable insight and guidance. As a founding member in four successful start-up businesses, he truly understands the business owners' point of view and provides pragmatic and efficient legal solutions.
Advising individual, corporate, and transactional participants and stakeholders in a broad array of industries, Michael focuses his practice on representing clients with varied business interests at all stages of development with respect to the creation, structuring, and financing of businesses, mergers, and acquisitions, as well as contractual matters. Additionally, he represents property owners and commercial tenants in connection with the acquisition, development, financing and leasing of real estate. He is skilled at bringing parties together, navigating and explaining the nuances of each deal to his clients from initial development to successful closing.
A highly experienced transactional attorney, Michael has handled asset and stock acquisitions and sales across the United States representing almost $2 billion dollars in revenues. He has also been involved in real estate purchases and sales with combined purchase prices exceeding $125 million dollars and negotiated long-term financing leases for property worth a combined total of more than $150 million dollars.
After graduating from high school in Oklahoma City, Michael ventured west to attend Point Loma Nazarene University in San Diego, California, on a tennis scholarship. His love for Oklahoma pulled him home where he earned his degree from Southern Nazarene University and helped SNU start its first ever varsity tennis program. While working full time, Michael continued his education and received a J.D. degree from the University of Oklahoma College of Law.
In addition to golf, running, and travel, Michael's greatest joy is being the husband to Sara, and dad to John Michael, and twins, Juliet and Audrey. Michael and Sara live in Edmond, Oklahoma and are active members of Henderson Hills Church. He has a heart for missions, particularly serving in Uganda.
Professional Memberships and Organizations
- Oklahoma County Bar Association
- Oklahoma Bar Association (Business and Corporate Law Section, Real Property Law Section, Taxation Law Section, Estate Planning, Probate and Trust)
- American Bar Association (Business Law Section)
- Federal Bar Association
- Leadership Oklahoma – The Excellence in Entrepreneurship Boot Camp Class I
- American Bar Association – Mergers and Acquisitions Committee, LLCs, Partnerships and Unincorporated Business Entities Committee)
- Until All Have Heard, Inc. – Board of Directors
- Henderson Hills Baptist Church – Deacon, Financial Stewardship Committee, Africa Mission Steering and Vision Team
- Oklahoma City Festival of the Arts – Chairman’s Committee and Pottery Place Day Chair
- YMCA of Greater Oklahoma City – International Committee
- Downtown Club of Oklahoma City – Former Member
- Ruth Bader Ginsburg Inn of Court – Former Member and Hospitality Chair